1. Basic premise
The Public Relations Office of the General Affairs Division, General Coordination and Policy Planning Department, METI Hokkaido respects protection of user privacy in operating the Official Website of the METI Hokkaido (hereinafter referred to as the “Site”). Personal information that users of the Site provided will be handled appropriately in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
2. Scope of information acquisition
(2) In the “Contact us” of the Site, we ask users to fill in the “Subject” and “Content” section. The user's name, email address and phone number are also requested to register on a voluntary basis.
(3) Users who wish to receive the mail magazine of the latest information posted on the Site are requested to register their email addresses. The user occupation and other information are also requested on a voluntary basis.
(4) In case of conducting a public comment procedure and other public offerings of opinions, as well as handling various inquiries, we might request users to register their address, name, age, gender, occupation, phone number, email address and other information, if necessary. In addition, email addresses of the senders will be displayed on the recipient's email screen.
(5) We might request users to register their address, name, occupation, phone number and other information if necessary when conducting registration for events and for other public relations opportunities.
3. Purposes of use
(1) The information acquired in 2. (1) will be used as a reference for the smooth operation of the service provided by the Site.
(2) Comments and inquiries acquired through the “Contact us” in 2. (2), including information registered on a voluntary basis, will be used for reference for formulating our policies.
(3) Users who wish to receive the mail magazine of the latest information posted on the Site are requested to register their email addresses. User occupation and other information are also requested on a voluntary basis.
(4) Comments and opinions acquired in 2. (4), including information registered on a voluntary basis, will be used for reference for formulating our policies. We will refer to the registered email address, address, name and phone number when responding or making confirmation on the inquiries. Such information will be transmitted to related departments and other related ministries and agencies in accordance with the context of the comments.
(5) Information acquired in 2. (5) will be publicized if necessary for facilitating the operation of the events and other public relations opportunities.
4. Limitations on use and provision
At the METI Hokkaido, except in cases of legal disclosure requests, cases of illegal access, threats and other unlawful acts or other special reasons, the information acquired will not be used by ourselves for any purposes other than those described in 3., nor will it be provided to any third party. However, statistical information regarding access to the Site or information on user attributes may be made public.
5. Measures to ensure security
The METI Hokkaido is taking measures necessary to manage the acquired information gleaned appropriately to prevent the leakage, loss or destruction of acquired information.
6. Scope of application